Friday 21 January 2011

A frosty but beautiful day


At last, the fog which lasted all of yesterday lifted late last night and gave us a wonderful hoar frost, I love it when the trees turn white and all the beautiful intricacy of spiders webs can be seen in all their glory, that is a wonder of nature to me, how the spiders can build a web so fine, yet so strong, it can be blown by the wind and catch flies without breaking, yet just the lightest touch from a finger can demolish all the hard work!!
Anyway------ today's card is from my new adorable girls which I bought from Sugar Nellie at the week-end------- unbelievable as it will seem to the people that know me, I looked very much like this as a child and I did (and still do) daydream far to much, always got told off at school for it--- lol my favorite colour was always blue, Mum used to go mad when she took us to Manchester for our new clothes for the Sermons and Harvest at Church (for the younger ones, we only got new clothes twice a year ) lol------mine always had to be BLUE! she used to say, 'no-one will know you have new clothes!' I had two Sunday dresses, both the same style, one in blue and one in pink!( and I still love the clothes I choose when I look back at old photo's) OH DEAR----- I sound like my Mother !! hehehehehe

ANYWAY--- on to my card..........

PM exquisite collection papers
Frame cut from Cindy Loo cart on cricut
Sugar Nellie image of Joy (adorable girls)
coloured with pro-markers
wild orchid flowers
Punched leaves
Ribbon, flower slider, heart from stash
Sentiment PC generated and coloured with chalks

I am entering this into the following challenge;

Pear Tree Designs ...... free for all

Really Reasonable Ribbons ----Ribbon and Hearts

Crafts and Me challenge ........monochrome

Thank you for your visit
Tilly x

17 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Tilly, I love the image and how you have framed her.
Have a lovely weekend.
Kevin xx

Lizzy said...

Stunning card Tilly...luv the cute image & fab layout.

xx Lizzy xx :)

Mina said...

fantastic colouring Tilly, Im loving these new SN's too...arent spiders webs incredible just a shame they come with spiders uuuurrrrgggghhhhh
Mina xxx

Whisper said...

Ooo stunning hun am loving the monochrome blue and the fabby frame.

I have an award for you, if you want it, Luv Sam x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh Christine this is stunning.

kay said...

hi tilly,its a beautiful card and she looks lovely in the frame,x

Alex said...

Hi Tilly, beautiful card! Those adorables are just that, aren't they? And I am with you on the beauty of frost covered nature! If only it wasn't that cold *lol*
Hope you are well... love, Alex

Janette said...

Oh wow Tilly...so gorgeous,a beautiful card, think these are my fav images at the moment, I can actualy believe you looked like that, honestly, as for nature. it's fascinating isn't it, always a wonder in store....don't think we appreciated it till we older though...or was that just me...lol...xxx

Lee said...

Hi Tilly.Thanks for you comment on me card.Will be glad when this decorating lark is all finished lol,not something i have patience with.I adore this card soooo beautiful and imaginative.My fav colour was and still one i love is Blue.My first fav now is Purple.Have a lovely weekend don't work too hard.Bet you are doing some yummy cooking.I'm looking for a foolproof rich fruit cake recipe for a 60th Birthday in March.xxxxxx

XxJULESxX said...

well done Tilly it's beautiful!good use of the frame,i tried to comment last night but comp was playing up!

Flutterby Trina said...

She looks stunning, Im yet to play with the adorable little ones! cant wait!!! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good Luck

Hugs

Katrina

xx

coops said...

stunning card tilly.the image is so beautiful and i love your delicate colours ;D

xx coops xx

Teresa said...

A really cute card,thank you for joining crafts and me this week.
Teresa x

Susie said...

Lovely card, love the image & the blue theme. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Bonnie Garby said...

Pretty card Tilly! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

sioux said...

Hi Tilly what a gorgeous card, long time no see are you going to Prestatyn? love your blog I've just started playing with a blog need to learn how to add all these pretty things down the sides xx

sioux said...

Hi Tilly what a gorgeous card, long time no see are you going to Prestatyn? love your blog I've just started playing with a blog need to learn how to add all these pretty things down the sides xx