Sunday 25 November 2012

Rain and more rain........

Good morning, I hope you are all escaping the flooding around the country.... there are so many flood warnings out today. We are lucky just here, as we have no rivers. I feel so sorry for the people affected.

Well, I helped at the Church Fayre yesterday and my sweetie bags went like hot cakes, we also sold most of the mince pies and all the sherry!! NO... I did not drink it all as I was driving! lol


Here is some of my baking on Friday, Mushroom soup, mince pies, apple pies, cherry pie (it was lovely smothered in fresh cream) then there was pork casserole for tea. It's the washing up I hate..... you don't see Jamie Oliver or Nigella do that !!


Here is another quick card I finished last night, do-craft papers, frostyville border, puffy sticker present, Stickles, flower and sentiment from stash!
I would like to enter the following challenges;

Sparkles forum Challenge ---- Christmas

Bloggers -------countdown to Christmas

Emergency crafters -------- anything goes

I really must go and do something useful now lol, getting dressed would be a good start

Happy crafting and thank you for your visit

Hugs Tilly x

16 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

glad you had a good time and it went well and all was coow the sun is out but I see dark clouds coming my way from Leigh can you keep them there for abit i need to walk the dog

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card ...fabulous scrummy food...love mushroom soup.....and so happy you did well at the fete...those bags were fabulous...no wonder they were grabbed up have a great day washing up...lol!!!! hugglies sassyxxxx

Caroline said...

The cakes look gorgeous as is your card. Caroline xxx

Claire said...

Like you hun, we have no rivers either and are on a hill so safe and sound. Love the cakes and a great card too. Sorry not commented for ages, been very hectic at work and home. Hugs, Claire x

Whisper said...

I'm not surprised your goodies went well at the church fayre, they looked so yummy and i know what you mean about the washing up too - it sometimes puts me off making a cake !!

lovely card, and although weather wise it has rained here all weekend, we are not flooded, but i don't know what the river bank is like though !!, Luv Sam x

coops said...

fab card tilly.love the fab papers and design and oh my gosh your cherry pie looks sooooooo good ;D

xx coops xx

Lee said...

Yum yum yum,please move to Cornwall lol.huggles xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Tilly,

Yummy I bet there was none left at the end.
Lovely quick card, it's amazing what little bits you can throw together, and it looks amazing
We are on high ground in the mendips if I got flooded most of the UK would have no hope. We managed yesterday to get to Oxford to see Vernon's Dad who is in hospital at Bicester, but we were not sure if we would make it in the morning, so much of Somerset flooded on the levels I can't see the water disappearing there for a long time.
Margaret

McCrafty's Cards said...

I know I keep saying it Tilly but you need to move home, right next door to us lol Cherry pie Apple pie I can't go on with out these things lol. Gorgeous card I like the paper the poinsettia and the snowflake border.
Kevin xx

Lesley said...

Fab card and all your cooking looks very delicious! Thanks for taking part in Sparkles Monthly 'Christmas is Coming' challenge xx

shaz earl said...

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
Hugs Shaz x

Elaine said...

Beautiful festive card Tilly...I'm sure you have been far more productive on the xmas card front than I have!
And you can cook and sew! I can cook but hate it so I do as little as I can possibly get away with ha!
I keep wondering if we should move...preferably next door to you and then I can invite myself round each night for tea???

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Curt in Indy said...

You should give a drool warning before showing pictures of your delicious food! LOL Now I need to go to the kitchen for something. . .Love your festive card too! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Lisa Somerville said...

Looks like you were busy! Fab use of the stickers on your holiday card! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

XxJULESxX said...

oh you have been busy!! hope you saved me a mince pie? or even a biscuit?!!! love the card too!

MyCraftWorld said...

Hi Tilly,
I am booking a train ticket to manchester to come and eat your pies lol they look yummy!
Lovely card! So nice a bright.
Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters.
~Lucy x