Tuesday 19 August 2014

good morning...............

Another wet day so far in the North West..............yesterday, I managed to get out in the morning when it stopped raining for a while. I was lucky to find a few blackberries in the hedges nearby. Most of them have been spoiled by the rain though. I was given some wind blow apples on Sunday so after tea I made some apple and blackberry jam...............
here it is just after adding the sugar.
In all I got 6 and a half jars.This morning I have labeled them and put their hats on............
Last Thursday I picked the first tomatoes from the greenhouse, (can you see three more ripening on the window sill lol )

The sun peeked out 10 minutes ago, so I went out and picked my second lot of potatoes which will be boiled for tea, with butter and mint sauce, along with lamb steak and veg, they will be delicious!
The weatherman says it will dry up later, so I may see if I can find more blackberries for crumbles and pies, also freeze some for Eaton mess and more jam!....... a lot more picking required to do all that. I will have to try another spot today. I shall go and wash more jars while it dries up and then they will just need sterilizing.

I hope you are having a good week and thank you for your visit.

Hugs Tilly x

4 comments:

Lee said...

Oooooo can I come to tea,yum yum.Love your veg,you are so clever.Huggles xxx

Lee said...

Love the jam too.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Tilly can you bake us some scones to have with the Jam please, your Potatoes look lovely enjoy
Kevin xx

Whisper said...

Looks like you have been busy, ooo jam looks good, makes me want to make some scones :-), Luv Sam x