Friday 6 August 2021

Good morning

 Rain again here today but the garden is loving it, I am not to happy as my roses have just flowered again and it is spoiling them !

My card for today is for my neighbours who celebrate their Diamond Wedding tomorrow. 60 years is a wonderful achievement, I wonder how many of today's couples will make that instead of throwing in the towel and moving on to the next one lol.....( I have no room to talk but did not re-marry)


The dies are paper boutique and I used a blue pearl card matting with pale blue for dies. The 'diamonds' flowers and sentiment are from stash. 

I am just going to make a sherry trifle for them as they are having a little party buffet tomorrow for friends and relations. 

I shall miss dipping into the Olympics when it finishes, we have done so well in the medal tables with lots of the athletes coming from the North West around me. Congratulations to them all, what dedication.

Hugs Tilly x

6 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful card Tilly - 60 years married is definitely an achievement worthy of recognition.
Shame about the roses- bloomin'rain!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Tilly this is a gorgeous card you have made for your neighbours. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

Beautiful card Tilly and I know how you feel about your garden the rain has decimated my plants hugs Sue x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love your design

Yes we keep having heavy rain down here too, its washing the flowers off the runner beans before they can set, so it will be less beans by the looks of it.

chrissy xx said...

A BEAutiful card for a Wonderful achievement.
LOve your colours and design.
We managed 1 month short of 40 years.
Chrissyxx
Yes! There's certainly been quite a few medals from the North West.
A relation of one of the girls I bowl with got a gold in sailing!

Lee said...

Hi there.A really pretty card and love that blue with the white.xx